Chickie Chocolate Brownie Truffles
You'll have the sweetest Easter with these Chickie Chocolate Brownie Truffles! Easy to make, these super cute chick treats are made with a no-bake chocolate truffle and coated with candy coating and colored coconut. They are as adorable as they are delicious.
The great thing about these homemade Easter treats are that you know what ingredients are in them. These will look adorable wrapped up in your Easter basket as a gift. These also work well as cake pops for a preschool party treat.
This recipe makes 12 chicks. Make these ahead of time, as they will keep in the fridge for one week.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons french vanilla coffee creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lollipop sticks (optional)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Yellow liquid food coloring
- 1 package (12 oz) yellow candy melts
- Candy eyes
- Orange chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- In a medium bowl cream together butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add creamer and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Use a tablespoon scoop to portion dough and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Add coconut and a few drops of yellow food coloring to a plastic bag. Shake to combine. Pour into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Insert lollipop stick into frozen dough ball. Dip into melted candy melt. Let excess drip off. Immediately roll into the coconut, pressing the coconut into the candy coating. Remove from stick and place on baking sheet.
- Dip candy eyes and orange sunflower seeds into candy coating and press to adhere to make eyes and nose. Keep chilled until ready to serve.